All Foundation Stage and KS1 children are entitled to Universal Free School Meals so for the first few years of their school life. Meals for KS2 children (Years 3 to 6) cost just £2.20 per child per day.
Typical menus include: Curry, Fish, Pizza, Pasta Bar plus many more. The menus change each week on a three-week roll over basis and can be viewed below.
Week 1 Menu:
5 September, 26 September, 17 October, 14 November, 5 December
Week 2 Menu:
12 September, 3 October, 31 October, 21 November, 12 December
Week 3 Menu:
19 September, 10 October, 7 November, 28 November, 19 December
Prior to April 2018, children qualified for free school meals if parents received any of the following benefits:
- Income support
- Income-based jobseekers’ allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of state pension credit
- Child tax credit, provided that you are not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of £16,190 or less
These benefits have now been rolled into a single benefit, called Universal Credit. From April 2018, free school meals will only be allocated to pupils with a family income under £7,400 (net) per year.
If your child qualifies for free school meals, it’s important that you tell us – even if they take a packed lunch – as this enables us to claim pupil premium.
The relevant forms to apply for Free School Meals for your child(ren) in Key Stage 2 can be found here.