Aims, Values & Ethos
Shalford is a values-based learning community, committed to the education of the whole child.
We teach our values through everything we do and through our daily assemblies and Personal, Social, Health and Economic (PSHE) curriculum.
Our Shalford Values are:
- HOPE – to be confident in our expectations of all that we can to achieve individually and together.
- TRUST - to develop relationships that are built on reliability, openness, honesty and living out the Core Values.
- RESPONSIBILITY - to have good judgement and the ability to make good choices and decisions.
- RESPECT- to show positive consideration for people and the planet; to be kind, tolerant and understanding.
- COURAGE- to have ability to try new things, overcome fear to undertake challenges; to be morally brave: being generous, fair, forgiving and compassionate.
- PERSEVERANCE - to show a ‘growth mindset’ despite difficulties, failures or obstacles; to seeing challenges as the opportunity to grow knowledge, skills and positive attitudes.